Move over overnight oats - kickstart your day with this pretty, blueberry, buckwheat and cashew breakfast jar instead! With plenty of homemade yogurt (for your gut) and banana to make this brekky ever so sweet and creamy, you’ll wonder if you should have saved it for dessert!
Buckwheat is a nutrient packed gluten-free grain and for freshness, we love using whole grouts wherever we can - they just taste better! With the Vibe Blender System, grinding whole grains and nuts has never been faster, easier or more reliable. Within seconds, all of the ingredients will be soft-serve smooth and ready to enjoy.
First though, it’s necessary to soak the grouts and cashews overnight. This will not only make them softer and faster to blend, it also helps to make them more digestible and gentler on the stomach.
½ cup whole buckwheat grouts
½ cup raw cashews
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (for soaking and activating)
1 large ripe banana chopped (frozen is good too)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons of raw honey or maple syrup (or more to taste)
1 cup homemade yogurt (plant-based or dairy)
½ cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Activating and soaking directions
1. Combine the cashews and buckwheat grouts in a ceramic or glass bowl
2. Add 3 cups of filtered water and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar then leave to soak away from directed sunlight for 6-8 hours or overnight. During this time,the water will become murky and slimy.
3. Pour the soaked cashews and buckwheat into a wire sieve then rinse under the tap until the water runs clear and the sticky residue is removed.
Making the parfait
4. Add the rinsed buckwheat and cashews, homemade yogurt, banana, vanilla and honey into the Vibe blender jug.
5. Insert the tamper into the blender lid.
6. Blend on ‘nut’ mode for approx. 40 seconds or until smooth - using the tamper to push the ingredients down into the blades.
7. Stop and scrape down the sides of the jug if necessary
8. Pour half of the mixture into glasses or jars.
9. Add the blueberries to the remaining mixture then blend on ‘smoothie’ mode until well combined
10. Pour into the jars.
11. Top with more berries and enjoy immediately or transfer to the fridge for later.The breakfast jars will keep for up to 1 week.
If you luv yogurt soaked breakfast jars, try these Paleo and anti-oxidant berry bircher style muesli jars , vanilla chia puddings with banana nice-cream or theselayered yogurt berry chia pots.