If you've never made this French chocolate creation before, you might feel a little intimidated by the process. But you needn’t! With the Vibe Blender stainless-steel jug, the process to make this gorgeous velvety ganache truly couldn't be easier.
Chocolate ganache is made from just chocolate and cream. These two ingredients come together with virtually endless uses. Enjoy it as a dip, glaze, sauce, filling, frosting or topping. Whatever you choose it’ll be heaven for your taste buds.
While still warm, this blender ganache is pourable and can be used as a dipping sauce, for chocolate fondue, to drizzle chocolate ribbons for decoration or to glaze cakes. As it starts to cool, it thickens and takes on more of a spreadable consistency, which is great for piping or can even be whipped to make an airy chocolate frosting.
For the best tasting ganache, we recommend using premium semi-sweet or dark chocolate.
150g dark chocolate - roughly chopped
1. Heat the cream in a saucepan on the stove top.
2. Turn the heat off as soon as it comes to a boil. Set aside.
3. Add the chocolate to the Vibe Blender stainless steel jug. Blitz for 8-10 seconds on ‘nut’ mode to reduce it to a fine powder.
4. Remove the filler cap from the lid.
5. Switch the blender to ‘soup’ mode and toggle the speed to the lowest setting.
6. Pour the hot cream into the jug and blend for 15-20 seconds or until you have a smooth and glossy sauce.
7. Pour the warm ganache into a jug or dish, depending on how you wish to use it.
8. The ganache will start to thicken up as it cools.
9. If you need a thinner ganache, you can simply add more cream to the mixture.
10. For a ganache that can be rolled into truffles, increase the chocolate to up to 250 grams.
11. Store cooled ganache in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week.
12. Before using chilled ganache, let it come to room temperature. You can speed up this process by placing the container in a shallow bowl of warm water, making sure no water actually gets into the ganache.